Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 1 of Cleanse

Today is my official start date for my 3 week cleanse. For the last 4 days I have been focusing on cutting out some of the foods that had been gradually creeping back into my diet (gluten, dairy, sugar, eggs, coffee, alcohol). This made the transition into the cleanse a little easier on my body. Though I have to admit, I almost delayed the start date because I was PMSing so bad, which makes not giving into cravings THAT much harder!!! But when I went to bed last night, I adjusted my attitude with a little meditation and visualization which worked wonders! For the last couple months I have been in an "I can't" frame of mind, but throughout this cleanse I want to really pay attention to my thoughts and when that negativity shows up, remind myself that I CAN!!! And I WILL!!!! Just take a few deep breaths and let those negative thoughts float away. We have to remember that those thoughts are not true in any way, shape or form, but if we believe them and we attach to them, then they will create that reality for us!

So, today was a new day with a new attitude and I have to admit, I am psyched for this cleanse! I am already going into it with a great sense of confidence since I won the argument with my brain which was so desperately trying to convince me to delay starting! It is a cold, rainy day which happens maybe twice a year in Colorado, so it is a nice omen to begin a cleanse on a day the earth is cleansing too! 

Breakfast: Green Tea Smoothie (3 cups frozen grapes, 2 cups spinach, 1 1/2 cups strong brewed green tea, cooled, 1 avocado, 2 tsp honey, 2 T flax seeds)

Lunch: Green Curry over rice (cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, onion, and green beans in a spicy curry/coconut milk broth)


Dinner: Detox Green Soup

Activities: epsom salt bath, dry brushed, hot/cold shower, stretched, and meditated

I have also been drinking massive amounts of water and tea. Every time I get the slightest hunger pang, I just go in and drink a glass of water and feel instantly better. Plus, it is so freaking dry here in Colorado, and I know I don't get enough water to combat that dryness, so I am hoping to get into a better hydration habit as well. I already feel a little more lubricated then usual!

I am going to try to post as much as possible throughout this cleanse to share my favorite recipes and document how I am feeling. 

Blessings to you!

No comments: