Monday, May 21, 2012

Two Minute Veggie Dip

My two year old is just like most kids I know...he loves to dip! Except for the occasional splurge on hummus, I'm not a big fan of what's available in the store, and some of the healthier dip recipes I have are more time consuming.  Well the other day I realized I had a few tablespoons of organic Greek yogurt left so I had an idea. I put it in a little dipping dish, added a sprinkle of dill and garlic powder, a few dashes of salt, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and viola...one incredibly simple, healthy dip that was seriously delicious! My son was eating it with a spoon! Our favorite dippers are cucumbers, snap peas, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, jicama, red pepper and radishes. It also makes for a great sandwich spread, especially with cucumbers, spinach, sprouts, and sunflower seeds. Garden fresh tomatoes make a great addition when they are in season. 

Two Minute Veggie Dip:
Organic Greek Yogurt
Garlic Powder
Dill
Salt
Lemon Juice

Put as much Greek yogurt in a bowl as you want then add the rest to taste. It makes for a great afternoon snack or a kid friendly appetizer when entertaining. 


1 comment:

Jillian said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?

Jillian