Friday, May 18, 2012

Week One of Cleanse

After one week of cleansing, I can feel my body starting to wake up from hibernation. Throughout the week, I noticed tons of subtle changes taking place. Here is a list of some of the things I experienced:

1. Cravings are starting to disappear which frees up my mind to think about other stuff. In fact, I am hardly thinking about food at all at this point! This has an incredible side effect of making me naturally more present.

2.Taste buds are back to appreciating truly organic, natural food. When you get your taste buds back to this point, it becomes so easy to satisfy them and still maintain your health. A chocolate blueberry smoothie  or a cheeseless, veggie pizza on a gluten free crust becomes a decadent indulgence.


3. My body is getting good at knowing when it is hungry vs. when it is thirsty or bored. It is also getting really good at knowing when it is full. I couldn't even finish several of my solid meals this week. And the day I made roasted, salted cashews for a snack, after a couple small handfuls, I was totally satisfied and didn't want anymore. Pre-cleanse I would have gobbled them all up without any awareness and barely any enjoyment!

4. I am naturally being drawn back to stretching, yoga, meditation, and exercise without really having to try. When I am in a bad diet rut, I usually lose motivation to take care of myself in other ways too. But now that I am back in control of my diet, I am effortlessly wanting to make other healthy choices too.

5. My energy levels are slowly starting to increase. Overall I have been more tired this week, but I can feel this surge of energy pulsing through my body, almost like a vibrational current. It makes me feel a little amped up and wired. It is natural to feel this way in the first week or two as your body is adapting to not only detoxing, but to having excess energy that has been freed up from the demands of digestion and responding to immune stressors. 

6. I feel calmer and less overwhelmed. I have definitely had my irritable moments, especially in the evening when my hunger and fatigue are at there worst. That is when I usually make a cup of tea and call it a night. I've been heading upstairs around 7:30 or 8:00pm to take a bath, read, and stretch before bed. Precleanse I was getting really overwhelmed with my to-do lists and it was really starting to stress me out! Now, that to-do list is still there but it is not overwhelming me! Plus, when I am not constantly stressed and overwhelmed, I'm more productive, so it is a major win-win!

7. My confidence is really starting to come back! I feel much more at peace when I am living life as my authentic self. When I make decisions that go against what I know and believe in, it creates major inner turmoil and conflict which leads to guilt and disgust. Living in harmony with our beliefs creates a much more peaceful environment that supports us and allows us to thrive!

8. The fire within has been reignited and my passion for food is back with a vengeance! All it takes is a good ole' book about our horrific food industry to enrage me back to reality!  The book I just finished called "The Unhealthy Truth" by Robyn O'Brien is a MUST read for our generation!  The deception and corruption in our country regarding the very building blocks we nourish our and our children's precious bodies with is enough to make you want to have a nervous breakdown. BUT, if we don't know it, we can't change it, we can only suffer from it!!! Now that I am a mother, you better believe I will fight for better health and a better life for my baby! The author of the book lives in Boulder, CO which is only an hour away from me so I plan to contact her to see how I can get involved. It is time to take a stand!

9. My body pain has gotten worse which has been the only negative this week. I was consuming a lot of gluten, dairy and eggs precleanse (all sensitivities for me) and sometimes it can take a week or two to get those irritants out of your system. Hopefully it will get better in the 2nd week.  I've been taking a lot of baths and stretching, and tomorrow I am scheduled for an infrared body wrap and a deep tissue massage so at least I am trying to help get it under control!

10. My nasal passages are not driving me insane! It is SO dry here in Colorado and everything suffers, but especially my nasal passages. Every breath in and out would seriously irritate the crap out of me. But, now that I am drinking about a gallon of water a day, that annoyance has pretty much disappeared, with the added annoyance of spending half my day in the bathroom. Hooray!

11. Lastly, I lost 4 lbs! I had gradually gained about 5 lbs since the holidays so it was nice to say goodbye fairly quickly to those extra little bulges!

So as you can see, a lot of transformation is starting to take place in just one week! Cannot wait to see what the next two unfold!!!

Be Empowered. Be Authentic. Be at Peace. Be.



No comments: